Gifts are an important part of the Library Acquisitions Programme and as such, we will gladly accept any gift of books and other materials that enhances our collections.
Donors who wish to be publicly recognised should contact the Technical Services Librarian for information about the Library's acknowledgement options.
Selection of donated materials
The Library will be pleased to accept your donation if the items are in good condition.
- Books, CDs and DVDs of current interest (up to 5 years old)
- Popular fiction and non-fiction (up to 3 years old)
- Books on the local history of Penang
- Collectible items
The Library will not accept damaged, underlined material and other items as follows:
- Photocopied materials
- Cassettes, CDs, videos or DVDs copied from originals
- Materials downloaded from the Internet
- Computer books, textbooks and encyclopedias
Where to Donate
You can drop off your materials in the Drop Box placed in the Main Library, Penang or at any of the WOU Regional Centre libraries. Library Materials Gifts & Donation Form